• TA的每日心情
    慵懒
    2020-1-16 08:06
  • 发表于 2009-8-13 11:22:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
    本帖最后由 old_cobra 于 2009-8-16 14:53 编辑

Project #1 The Essex Collection - Fighting Top
    “埃塞克斯”号集锦第一部分——桅顶楼的战斗

制作者:Raul Guzman Jr

I have started a new project.  Even though I have not yet completed my wooden ship model of the USS Essex in 1/64 scale, I am taking a break from that build to begin the Essex Collection.  This collection will be a scratch built selection of items of the USS Essex, most being made in 1/35 scale.  The items I am thinking of building in this collection include the following; the fighting top (main mast), a 12 pound cannon and section of the deck and bulwark, the ship's wheel, the capstan, the galley stove, the armourer's forge, a ship's boat (18 foot yawl) and perhaps one of the anchors.  First one up to build is the fighting top.  Down below you will see where I got the idea.  Cutting Edge/Waveform has come up with a diorama of the USS Constitution main top.  They have had figures made to give action/life to the diorama.  I have purchased the marine set and sailor set of figures and will make the 1/35 scale fighting top of the USS Essex out of wood.  I am using Portia Takakjian's book on the Essex (Anatomy of the Ship series) for the plans for the build
    我开始了一个新的项目。虽然我还没有完成我的比例1/64的木制船模“埃塞克斯”号,我中断了它,并开始制作的“埃塞克斯”号集锦。这个集锦将是从零开始制作“埃塞克斯”号的部分,大多数制作的比例为1/35。在这个集锦中我想到的制作项目包括以下:桅顶楼的战斗(主桅);一个12磅炮与甲板和舷墙的剖面;船舶的舵轮,绞盘,厨房炉灶,在军械士的锻炉;一只船载小艇(18英尺快艇),或许一个锚。第一个制作的是桅顶楼的战斗。下面你会看到我在那里得到的想法。来自一个“宪法”号的主桅顶楼的场景的利刃和攻击。他们已经想象制作战斗/生活的场景。我已经购买了一套水兵和水手人偶,并将用木料制作1/35比例的“埃塞克斯”号桅顶楼的战斗。我使用Portia Takakjian的书的在“埃塞克斯”上(解剖船舶系列)为制作做安排。
    Waveform1.jpg
    Waveform2.jpg
    Waveform3.jpg
    Waveformmarines.jpg
    Waveformsailors.jpg
    fightingtopdrawing.jpg
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:23:38 | 显示全部楼层
    [fbdsbsb] [fbdsbsb] [fbdsbsb]

Down below are photos of my building of the main top of the Essex.  The black wood is ebony.  The base is pine, outlined with walnut.  To make the fence posts, I took square pieces of brass and used an end mill on my Proxxon milling machine to cut out slots for the wood railing.  The brass would later be blackened.  There are two chests, I guess for weapons that I made that fit on the top.  I may be using only one of them.
    下面是我的制作的“埃塞克斯”号主桅顶楼的照片。黑色木料是黑檀木。基座是松木,轮廓用胡桃木。制作围栏,我拿方形铜材在我的Proxxon铣床上使用端铣刀为木栏杆切出槽。黄铜日后将涂黑。有两个箱子,我猜是放武器的,我把它们放在桅顶楼。我也许只使用其中一只。
    fightingtop1.jpg
    fightingtop2.jpg
    fightingtop3.jpg
    fightingtop4.jpg
    fightingtop5.jpg
    fightingtop6.jpg
    fightingtop7.jpg
    fightingtop8.jpg
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:24:36 | 显示全部楼层

In the photos below you can see that the fence/railing is now in place.  I cut a piece of boxwood and fitted it in the slots in the brass posts.  I then took a piece of Indian Laurel wood and cut a slot in it with my Byrnes saw and had that fit over the boxwood piece.  The result is now a strong fence/railing.  Netting will be added later.  I have drilled holes in the base for where the shrouds holding the top secure will go.  The black ebony will look even darker when I put a natural wood stain on it later.  The photos below show twenty-nine and a half hours of work.
    下面的照片中可以看到,围栏现已就绪。我切了一块黄杨木和安装在铜柱的插槽中。然后拿一块印度月桂木,用我的Byrnes锯切割一个适合黄杨木件的槽。现在的结果是一个强有力的围栏。稍后将加个网。我在基座上钻好孔,在那里将牢固的安装顶楼。当我在稍后放上天然木色时,黑色的黑檀木看上去将更加黑。下面的照片显示工作了29.5小时。
    fightingtop9.jpg
    fightingtop10.jpg
    fightingtop11.jpg
    fightingtop12.jpg
    fightingtop13.jpg
    fightingtop14.jpg
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:25:58 | 显示全部楼层

It was time for me to work on the hoops and battens.  I made these out of ebony.  On the wood for the ebony battens I cut slots into it and then sliced off the battens.  In order to keep this structure aligned on all four sides, I made a jig for glueing them equal distance from the top.  I took my model outside and took photos in the sunlight
    现在是我在安放箍和压条。我用黑檀木制作它们。对于黑檀木条我在木料上切槽,然后切成木条。为了保持这一结构四面对齐,我做了夹具使粘合时与顶端的距离相等。我把我的模型的放在室外,照片中看得见阳光。
    fightingtop15.jpg
    fightingtop16.jpg
    fightingtop17.jpg
    fightingtop18.jpg
    fightingtop19.jpg
    fightingtop20.jpg
    fightingtop21.jpg
    fightingtop22.jpg
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:26:50 | 显示全部楼层

I recently bought a seizing and serving machine/device from Ship Ahoys.  I decided to make it longer.  I cut the base (made out of plastic) in half and then cut the solid aluminum rod in half.  I lengthened the rod by epoxing a brass tube to it and used epoxy to glue wood segments to the base.  I added more wood to the base bottom to give it more weight.  It now does not have to be clamped to the work table when in use.  It works very smoothly and makes me wonder why I waited so long to start serving ropes on my models.
    最近我在Ship Ahoys买了绕线机。我决定把它加长。我将基座(塑胶制成)在中间切开,然后将加固的铝棒在中间切开。用环氧树脂粘根铜管延长它,并用环氧树脂粘合木料做成基础。我在基座上增加木料,使之更重。现在不必夹紧,工作时再夹紧。它非常平稳,并让我奇怪我为什么要等待这么长的时间才开始在我的模型被覆绳索。
    fightingtop23.jpg
    fightingtop24.jpg
    fightingtop25.jpg
    fightingtop26.jpg
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:28:11 | 显示全部楼层

For this large scale wooden model, I needed to make my own large blocks.  I made the triple and double blocks out of cherry.  The sheaves are made of wood.  The second photo shows the beginning of tying the ratlines on the shrouds.  At the time of this writing, that is now complete.  I made the sling, which has been served, and after a friend of mine suggested I use a coin to show size, I took some new photos to give the viewers a perspective to the size of this build.
    这是一个大比例的木制模型,我需要自制大滑轮。我用樱桃木制作的三眼和双眼滑轮。槽轮都是木制。第二张照片为开始在槽轮上绑绳索。在本文写作之时,这是已经完成。我制成的吊索,已经缠好,我的一个朋友建议我使用硬币显示的大小,我拿了一些新照片,给观众一个关于这个模型大小的比例。
    fightingtop27.jpg
    fightingtop28.jpg
    fightingtop29.jpg
    fightingtop30.jpg
    fightingtop31.jpg
    fightingtop32.jpg
    fightingtop33.jpg
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:29:44 | 显示全部楼层

Here are last photos of the construction of the fighting top, before I show the group of photos of the completed top.  Down below two photos show the placement of the mouse on the stay.  It was super glued and then I served the stay going over the mouse.  The next two photos show the making of the block for the crow's feet.  I used an X-Y table to space evenly the seven holes.  The last row of photos show the netting for the rails, which came from a fabric shop.  I then clamped the netting in between wood segments, which I then glued on to the railing fence on the top.  The last two shows the plexiglass "H" structure I made to hold the upper shrouds.  The ropes were glued into some brass tubing to keep the deadeyes even.
    以下是制作桅顶楼的战斗最新的照片,在我显示组照片之前顶楼已经完成。下面两张照片显示的是坠子的位置。这是网眼布粘的,然后我缠绕坠子。随后的两张照片显示的是为滑轮制作的鱼尾。我使用X-Y工作台来均匀的分隔七个孔。最后一排的照片显示,作为扶手的网,来自织物商店。我把它夹在两段木料之间,然后粘到顶楼的围栏上。最后的两张照片显示了有机玻璃的“H”的结构,用来支撑护桅索。在绳索被粘进黄铜管以均衡保持三眼滑轮。
    fightingtop34.jpg
    fightingtop35.jpg
    fightingtop36.jpg
    fightingtop37.jpg
    fightingtop38.jpg
    fightingtop39.jpg
    fightingtop40.jpg
    蓝精灵 该用户已被删除
    发表于 2009-8-13 11:30:06 | 显示全部楼层
    提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:31:30 | 显示全部楼层

After 86 hours and 4 minutes, my fighting top was just about complete.  I will still be adding a small name plate to the base.  It will go where the quarter is.  I still have to paint the figures and add them to bring some action to the top.  This group of photos were taken in my workshop.
    经过86小时4分钟后,我的桅顶楼的战斗几乎完成了。我还将在基座上增加一个小的铭牌。在四分之一处。我还要油漆的人偶,并将其以一些动作添加到顶楼。这组照片是在我的工作室里。
    fightingtop41.jpg
    fightingtop42.jpg
    fightingtop43.jpg
    fightingtop44.jpg
    fightingtop45.jpg
    fightingtop46.jpg
    fightingtop47.jpg
    fightingtop48.jpg
    fightingtop49.jpg
  • TA的每日心情
    慵懒
  •  楼主| 发表于 2009-8-13 11:34:37 | 显示全部楼层
    本帖最后由 old_cobra 于 2009-8-13 11:38 编辑

This group of photos were taken outdoors.  This scale, 1/35 was a pleasure to work with.  I now have 8 figures to paint and then pose them on the fighting top.
    这组照片在室外。比例1/35做起来很愉快。我现在有8个人偶油漆好了,然后它们在桅顶楼的战斗中摆出姿势。
    fightingtop50.jpg
    fightingtop51.jpg
    fightingtop52.jpg
    fightingtop53.jpg
    fightingtop54.jpg
    fightingtop55.jpg
    fightingtop56.jpg
    fightingtop57.jpg
    fightingtop58.jpg
    fightingtop59.jpg
    fightingtop60.jpg
    fightingtop61.jpg
    fightingtop62.jpg
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|世海船模 ( 公安备案21080202000017 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 05:12 , Processed in 0.086339 second(s), 24 queries .